Tuesday, November 17, 2015

IMAGE RESIZE IMAGE 3 COMPRESSIONS

In class we were assigned to resize our image resize photos into eight different compressions and compare the significant differences between each exported image. Below I will first compare the various exported JPEG images and following I will compare the exported GIFs.

JPEG:

quality (100) size (532k)


quality (75) size (258k)


quality (50) size (133k)


quality (25) size (68k)


quality (0) size (21k)


For the various images above, the major difference I saw as I decreased the quality of the image increased distortion of the pixels. The picture initially is not of best quality since the natural filter image had been resized and filtered. Definitely comparing the first photo of 100% quality to the last one with 0 quality I could see how the pixels definitely became more blurred/distorted in my face and hair. Also causing the photo to look more grainy in the last photo compared to the first one.

GIFs

color (256, not dithered)


color (64, dithered)


color (16)


For the various images above, the major difference I saw as I decreased the colors and dithered the image was the change in color. Starting with the first photo and the photos preceding the color slowly fades in color until where the last photo is mainly on grayscale with slight tan and brown colors; however, it lost the red tinting that was in the initial photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment