Tuesday, November 17, 2015

IMAGE RESIZE IMAGE 2 COMPRESSIONS

In class we were assigned to resize our image resize photos into eight different compressions and compare the significant differences between each exported image. Below I will first compare the various exported JPEG images and following I will compare the exported GIFs.

JPEG:

quality (100) size (1004K)


quality (75) size (388k)


quality (50) size (156k)


quality (25) size (79k)


quality (0) size (25k)


For the various images above, the major difference I saw as I decreased the quality of the image was the distortion of the pixels among the preceding photos specifically in the skin and my face.

GIFs

color (256, not dithered)


color (64, dithered)


color (16)


For the various images above, the major difference I saw as I decreased the colors and dithered the image was the increased graininess of the image and discoloring. Specifically in the first and last photo the last image lost the natural red tint that it had in the first photo, causing the last photo to be more dull. 

No comments:

Post a Comment